The heat is killing. Much as I love cooking, it is the last thing I feel like doing these days. I don’t even mind cooking in the morning, but when I get back in the evening, the mere thought of entering the kitchen to dish up a meal is enough to kill any remnants of an appetite.
Monthly Blog Patrol or MBP an event started by Coffee of The Spice Cafe, is an event I participated in totally by chance. That too, because I happened to make something from her blog which fit very well into that month’s theme. After that, I have tried to be a regular. I know I've missed one or two, and then I missed the event itself for a good 6 months or so. I am guest hosting this event this month. And what I am looking for is a host of stuff that I cam make through summer without having to really toil over the hot stove. The theme for this month is Soups and Salads.
A few simple rules to enlist yourself in the patrol:
Make a Soup or Salad from fellow bloggers posted recipes, not food sites.
2. Post a picture of the final recipe on your blog linking it to the blogger, whose recipe you made. You can either post the recipe, or just the picture. Any variations to the original recipe will make interesting reading. One final picture and a link to the original recipe is a must.
3. Don’t forget your hosts! Please add a link back to this event announcement and/or the logo below, and to Coffee’s MBP page.
4. Email the following details to email@example.com with MBP – Soups and Salads in the subject line.
- Your name
- Your blog name
- Name of the Soup or Salad
- Permalink to your post
- Permalink to the original recipe
- A photograph of the final dish.
5. You may send as many entries as you like.
6. The deadline for this event is May 24th.
I will post the round up before the end of May (but forgive me if I am delayed as I am planning a trip to Madras around then!)
Here’s a simple salad to get you all in the mood.
1 cup Macaroni, boiled
1 Onion, chopped
1 Tomato, chopped
1 Green Capsicum, chopped
1 Carrot, finely chopped
1 tsp Olive Oil
1 tsp Mixed Herbs
1 tsp Chilli Flakes
Salt and Pepper to taste
Lime Juice, optional
Add the herbs and chilli flakes to the olive oil and set aside for 10-30 minutes.
Combine the macaroni with the chopped vegetables. Pour the herb infused olive oil over this. Add salt and pepper to taste. Add a little lime juice if you like. Toss together and enjoy your meal.