Google
 

June 28, 2008

Tomato Pachadi

I eat a lot of curd. I desisted curd rice when I was a child. I’d always ask Amma why I had to eat curd rice when I’d already eaten rice with sambar and rasam. She tried to explain to me that is was good for me. I don’t think I ever bought her explanations. I do eat curd rice every once in a while, but I end any meal with curd. So, even if I have a box of pasta for lunch, I carry along a box of curd.





When I am full of enthusiasm or energy or both, I make raita or pachadi with the curd. This tomato pachadi is something that I make very often. I just never bothered to take a picture of it or blog about it. Until today, that is.


3 Tomatoes, blanched, peeled and chopped
1 cup Curd
1 tsp Chilli Paste
1 tsp Ginger Paste
2 tbsp Coriander, chopped
Salt to taste


For the Tempering:

1 tsp Cooking Oil

1 tsp Mustard Seeds

½ tsp Asafoetida (Hing)

7-8 Curry Leaves




Whip the curd and add a little water. Add the ginger and chilli pastes and salt and mix well. Add the tomato pieces and the coriander.


In a frying ladle, heat the oil. Add the mustard seeds and asafoetida. When the mustard splutters, add the curry leaves. Pour this over the tomato curd mixture.




We had this with some cauliflower peas pulao on a very lazy Sunday afternoon.
This is off to Siri for her Frozen Yogurt event.

4 comments:

Anamika:The Sugarcrafter said...

Hi raaga
thanks for passing by my blog...it led to discover yours, where i can unearth lots of new ideas to borrow and learn. your posts are filled with interesting snippets and one can relate to your thoughts..the post on tomato pachadi makes an an interesting read with recipe to go along with it.

Lore said...

Interesting flavour mix! I'm sure it tasted GREAT.

delhibelle said...

I too enjoy curd with most food, can never have pulao, khichdi, biryani without it, and tomatoes are another weakness of mine. Your recipe combines both, wow! Glad you finally decided to blog it:)

Divya Kudua said...

tomato pacahdi looks and sounds really simple to make!!