Google
 

June 12, 2008

Banana Nut Muffins


Six months ago, I hadn’t tasted a Banana muffin. I’d been hearing a lot about it and I finally made it last December. I have a much better recipe now (adapted from Abigail Johnson’s The Weekend Baker). I made this one morning to take with us on a long journey by road. Although the NH1 from Delhi to Amritsar is full of Dhabas, Café Coffee Days and McDonald’s, this was a just-in-case measure.



We had a couple of muffins fresh from the oven, but they tasted much better the next day. (Maybe we were just hungry after driving for 3 hours.)


1 cup Flour
¾ cup Wheat Flour
2 tsp Baking Powder
¼ tsp Baking Soda
1 tsp Salt
¾ cup Brown Sugar
2/3 cup Toasted Walnuts, chopped
3-4 Bananas (overripe), peeled
1/3 cup Oil
2 Eggs


Sift the dry ingredients together. Preheat the oven to 350F.

Prepare the muffin pans by lining them with paper muffin cases.


Combine the bananas, eggs, oil and brown sugar in a bowl. Using an electric mixer, blend all these to a rough paste. Pour this mixture into the dry ingredients and add the toasted walnuts. Mix well and pour into the prepared muffin cases. This recipe makes about 18 muffins.


Bake for 15-20 minutes.


After eating these muffins, I doubt I'll ever buy one at Barista the next time I'm there. I find them so easy to make that I now stash away two bananas from each purchase just to make these muffins. Try them, I am certain you'll fall in love with these little baked goodies.

12 comments:

Finla said...

I love banana muffins, they are always moist and delicious.
Your look delicious.
I too have to admit some of the muffins are much better next day.

Sig said...

home baked muffins for a road trip, you are amazing sweetheart... Banana nut muffins with extra nuts are my favorites, but I have to make do with store bought ones... Its about time I get over my fear of baking, huh? :)

FH said...

Raaga, great job girl. I love the banana muffins with walnuts too, looks delicious!:))

TBC said...

My recipe is almost similar.:D Bananas and walnuts- such a fab combination!

delhibelle said...

Wow..the colour and texture of your muffins is just perfect!

Arundathi said...

that sounds unusual with the jaggery. the muffins look moist and delicious! lovely, raaga.

bee said...

this is jai's specialty. i've tasted the choc chip version of this, but i prefer the walnuts.

Rachel said...

Wow muffins for a road trip..good one..I love that you used oil instead of butter...

Viji said...

Raaga - that is the problem. Once you taste the home made ones, will never go for storebought ones. Banana gives unique texture and taste in baking. Lovely they are. Viji

Miri said...

I love banana bread and banana muffins! and yours look way better than the Barista ones anyday!!

Coffee and Vanilla said...

I love banana walnut cake, I must try your recipe... sounds really good.
Margot

Anonymous said...

hi Raaga,
nice recipe. I'm also a professional chef. Just wanted to know from where do u buy the cupcake paper or the muffin paper. Coz i've been unable to locate it any where in delhi. please let me know as it will be of great help.