Google
 

June 18, 2008

Dal Paratha


Dal parathas! I absolutely love them. My colleague's mom makes them for breakfast and whether my colleague touches the parathas or not, I devour them. They are quick to make and are an ideal breakfast item. With some curd and pickle, they're enough to keep you going till lunch time. Plus they help clean up some leftovers without much fuss.



1/2 cup Atta

1/2 cup Dal

1/4 tsp Carom Seeds

Salt to Taste


Knead the dough thoroughly by mixing all ingredients, adding a little water as necessary, and roll out rotis. Toast them evenly on both sides and serve them for breakfast with curd and Punjabi mango pickle. The twist in the tale here is that I served it with fresh Avakaya pickle.


I'm sending this to Srivalli as part of her
Roti Mela and to myself for the WBB: Express Breakfasts.

12 comments:

FH said...

I love them too, all in one lunch.You won't hungry for a long time, which is great!:))

Anonymous said...

early into matrimonial housekeeping and providing daily meals...i used to mix dal into atta with some spices and make what i called "masala roti" k relished them till he walked into the kitchen and 'caught' me in the act of dunking dal into atta!! he was traumatised and refused to eat anything other than plain rotis since then......that ended my tryst with dal rotis...yours look great and am sure the avakkai took it to another level...always my favourite pickle for paranthas of any kind!!

Arundathi said...

never tried this - with the blogs overflowing with dal parathas, i have to give it a go!

Shilpa said...

I love this too. Made a different version a couple of days back. They are so filling and tasty :)

bha said...

the leftover usages is what make these parathas all endearing...:)

Nice parathas

bha said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
bha said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
bha said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Lore said...

YUM! I would gladly have your dal parathas for breakfast today.

Anonymous said...

I make extra dal just to have these paranthas :)

Tried several varieties, but moong dal works best for these.

Ranjani said...

Great picture! Dal paranthas are the best, they keep you going all day like nothing else.

Sowmya said...

Raaga, I have no idea of it till now, but would like to try..Which Dal should I use? And should I need to 'cook' dal and then use?