Google
 

April 19, 2009

Zucchini Tomato Soup


This may not look like the most appetizing of soups. Especially, given the lovely colour of most soups I've made this winter. But since I tried it out and since it was a nice nourishing soup which we really liked, I had to share it with all of you. This is a nice way to use up zucchini after making all those lasagne and stir fries.


2 Zucchinis, diced

4 Tomatoes, chopped

2 Onions, chopped

1 tsp Garlic, chopped

1 tsp Oil

1 tbsp Mixed Herbs (Parsley, Basil, Oregano)

1/4 tsp Nutmeg Powder

Salt and Pepper to taste


Heat the oil in a pressure pan. Add the onions and garlic and fry for a minute. Add the tomatoes and zucchini and fry for a couple of minutes. Add the herbs and the nutmeg powder. Add 2-3 cups of water and pressure cook for 2-3 whistles.


Blend in a liquidizer and pour the contents into a pan. Bring the soup to a boil. Season with salt and pepper. Close your eyes and enjoy the soup while it is still hot.

15 comments:

Gita Jaishankar said...

That is a a very healthy soup Raaga, easy to make too, I love all kinds of soups, I cant wait to try out this one :)

A_and_N said...

A'd love this. Zuchhini and all. I shall take some time to get used to this!

Ramya Vijaykumar said...

Oh Raaga, this soup is so easy to make and wow I like the color...

Priya Sriram said...

Zucchini tomato sounds totally new and yumm! :D Great Raaga... would love to try sometime... :)

Unknown said...

Sounds delicious n comforting with the zucchini!

Uj said...

I am planning to make soups for dinner from now on... Thanks for posting so many variety of soups :)

Sig said...

Yet another healthy soup from the celebrity chef :)

chef and her kitchen said...

Good usage of zucchini for soups!!

Vegetarian Zest said...

Thanks for visiting my space,Raaga. I love zucchini and usually bake it with some cheese.I guess it's the time time to try your soup.

Miri said...

The only thing I usually do with Zuchhini is to put into a roasted salad - this soup looks really good. Thanks!

Jayashree said...

I love zucchini.....but this is so not the season for soups here in Chennai....it's so hot that I don't think I'll ever want to go into the kitchen :-))

Anonymous said...

Love the recipe Raaga, am bookmarking it. I imagine adding milk would add to the creaminess of the soup.

Mamatha

Swapna said...

Zucchini is a fav veggie in our house. By the way the buns turned out great all thanks to your great recipies.. i have lost my fear of baking !!

Ranjani said...

I'm hoping to be in India within the next 10 days...I've had waaay too much craziness going on lately, so my trip keeps getting pushed back.
Will keep you posted!

Pooh said...

the nights are still a little cold here even though we are well into spring. this recipe is perfect for a light dinner.