Google
 

September 9, 2007

Capsicum Phodiyo (Capsicum Fritters)





This is one more of the fried goodies that come to the table once in a while at my place. This has been a hit at dinners at my parents' place and I also end up making these along with the Cauliflower Phodiyo.



It is tough to believe that something so simple can taste so good. And whenever Amma made them, I would be asked to taste. It is anyone's guess how many I "tasted" before certifying them as very good.






Ingredients:


2 Large Capsicum, cut into rings


1 tsp Chilli Powder


1/2 tsp Turmeric Powder


2 tbsp Curd


2 tbsp Gram Flour


Salt to Taste


Oil for deep frying

Mix the salt, chilli powder, and turmeric powder together and make a paste using the curd. Apply this to the capsicum rings like a marinade and leave aside for 10-15 minutes. Alternatively, you can place all the ingredients (including the capsicum rings) in a vessel and mix them.

Heat the oil in a kadhai.

The capsicum mixture will have released some water by this time. Add the gram flour to the mixture so that it absorbs the water and mix well.

Deep fry the rings in the oil and drain on a paper towel.


Enjoy them while hot. You'll know what living the good times is all about. This is off to dear Asha for the RCI Karnataka event.

21 comments:

Sreelu said...

Raaga,
Capsicum fritters first time hearing about them.thanks for the recipe

Apple said...

Hi Raaga,

First visit to your blog(s)..Lovely recipes and nice write-ups..I eat capsicum a lottttt...Thanks for sharing this new recipe...

Chef Jeena said...

Great recipe for peppers Raaga :)

Rajitha said...

raaga- anyting bajji like.. i am in ;) urs looks delish...

FH said...

Loving the Phodiyos A! Looks great, thank you!:)

Pooja V said...

Wow...this is new to me. They look lovely.

Anonymous said...

Raaga, wow this is my husband's favorite bhajjis. And I can so relate to "taste" before certifying especially bhajjis and phodis.

Latha Narasimhan said...

What a yummy snack! I just love capsicum!

SMN said...

Hi Raaga,

Lovely Karanataka RCI entries.. thnx for sharing..

Richa said...

hey, this is my fav, it is yum :) i do not add the curd though, will try next time!!

Jayashree said...

Sounds good...pretty similar to capsicum bajji except for the curd and turmeric powder. Iam sure the curd adds another dimension of taste to the fritters.

Laavanya said...

You are tempting us far too much with your phodiyos Raaga! First the cauliflower and now capsicum.. yumm...

Padma said...

I have to agree with Laavanya, first Patrodo and now this....its not fair Raaga, I am sitting here feeling hungry for those snacks

Roopa said...

mouth watering fritters! :)one of my favorite

Raaga said...

@Apple: Welcome to my blog. Thanks on all counts. I do hope you try this out.

@Jeena: Yes it is... yummy :-) Thanks

@Rajitha: Join the gang!! :-)

Raaga said...

@Pooja: So there... the difference between Goan and Mangalorean cuisine creeping in :-) Thanks

@Ashakka: More and more coming your way!!

Raaga said...

@Red: I think these would be any capsicum lover's favourite... what say?

@Latha: Do try it... it is so simple.

@Smn: Welcome to my blog. Thanks.

Raaga said...

@Richa: truly marinated :-) with curd and all :-)

Raaga said...

@Jayashree: It was lime in the cauliflower and it is curd here... a hint of sour :-)

@Laavanya: It is raining phodiyo :-) Next one coming up :-)

Raaga said...

@Padma: Come on over... join the party.

Raaga said...

@Roopa: I too love them.