Google
 

July 7, 2007

Paneer in Coconut Milk



I found this recipe in one of Tarla Dalal’s books. I can’t remember which book it was, I can’t remember the name of the recipe, come to think of it, I don’t even actually remember the recipe. The book is at Amma’s place and I make this recipe from memory. It turns out just as nice as I remember it. I add the paneer pieces as they are and don’t fry them first as the recipe calls out.

This dish goes very well with rotis and can be prepared in a matter of minutes if you have the ingredients ready.

Ingredients:

200g Paneer, cubed
200 ml Coconut Milk
1 Onion
1-2 Green Chillies
2 pods of Garlic
1” piece of Ginger
1 tsp Oil
1 tsp Cumin Seeds
¼ tsp Asafoetida
Salt to taste

Grind the onion, green chillies, ginger and garlic together to a paste.


Heat oil, add the cumin seeds and the asafetida. When the cumin seeds crackle, add the onion paste and fry for 2-3 minutes. Add the coconut milk and salt and bring to a boil. Add the paneer cubes and cook for a couple of minutes. Serve hot with rotis.

4 comments:

Arundathi said...

Mmmm...gonna try this one soon. I've decided to make my own paneer because I cant find very soft paneer anywhere. So maybe this is what I'll do with my new paneer experiment! :)

Raaga said...

I don't have the patience... always used store bought :-)

Arundathi said...

Raaga - I did try it and it couldn't have been easier - making paneer that is. Here you go:

http://arundathi-foodblog.blogspot.com/2007/07/paneer-from-scratch.html

try it - it was super easy.

Cynthia said...

Wickedly rich.