There are those who for whom breakfast is the most important meal of the day and then there are those who couldn't care less. I fall in the first category and, sadly, S falls in the second. Slowly and steadily, I am changing the way he looks at breakfast. Very often, I pack stuff for him so he can eat it when hunger strikes. On weekends, I am a little lenient. I have a little something and then we have brunch. On Sundays, we have a customary visit to Naivedyam to have Idli Vada, Mysore Masala Dosa and coffee. And a little something like this shake keeps me going until we drive to the restaurant.
Again, I drew inspiration for this from Amma. I helped her modify (read simplify) the recipe and I added some apricots for extra flavour.
1 Apple, cored, peeled and chopped
Chop the apricots and microwave them with a tablespoon of water for 1-2 minutes.
Blend these with the apples in a mixer. Add the milk and blend for a minute or so until smooth. Pour it into a glass. Your breakfast in a glass is ready in minutes.
I started talking when I was 9 months old.
- I believed that every child had a mother tongue that was different from his/her father tongue.
- I thought that all fathers were bald, and someone with ample hair on his head couldn't be anyone's father.
- I have not had the good fortune of knowing my maternal grandparents.
- I am the youngest of 14 grandchildren and am married to S, who is the youngest of 16 grandchildren.
- I have had a very interesting career. I started out wanting to be an Immunologist, then decided on Ecology, from there on shifted to Ecotourism and then to Tourism Administration. However, because I was studying Tourism, and was in Pondicherry at the time, I was encouraged to learn foreign languages. That led to a career shift to Translation and Interpretation from where I finally landed in HR. Who knows what lies ahead?
- My friends call me "Heathrow" because I am the "hub". I am touch with a lot of people regardless of how I came to know them. And because of me, several old friends have reconnected, and people have met and decided to get married.
And I, in turn, tag the following people:
Play along if you have the time and inclination..... If you have already been tagged please ignore.