Google
 

July 7, 2007

Beetroot Chutney Version 2



After the success of my Beetroot Chutney, I decided to try a different version. This, however, is a little more elaborate than the earlier one.


Ingredients:

1 large beetroot, sliced
3 green chillies
3 pods of garlic
1 Onion
Salt to taste

For the Tempering
1 tsp Oil
1/4 tsp Mustard Seeds
1/4 tsp Asafoetida
4-5 Curry Leaves

I cooked the beetroot slices in the microwave for 2-3 minutes with very little water. I ground this with all the ingredients together. In a pan, I prepared the tempering and added the beetroot paste. I cooked this for 2-3 minutes and the resultant mixture was a little dry.
We ate this with rice and it tasted absolutely yummy.
This is my entry to Weekend Herb Blogging, started by Kalyn and hosted by Anna of Anna's Cool Finds.

3 comments:

Anna Haight said...

Really unusual and such a nice color.

Riana Lagarde said...

Yum, that sounds really good. I love beets.

Raaga said...

Thanks Anna and Riana. I hope you like it.