Google
 

May 15, 2009

Strawberry Crumble





Once in a blue moon, I crave a sweet something after dinner. This doesn’t happen more than 3-4 times a year (thank goodness for that!). Even a lone bar of chocolate lasts for months. That is probably why I haven’t tried too many desserts.

When strawberries were in season earlier this year, we had our fill with milkshakes. I even made kulfi and these two cakes. When a friend got me another tub of lovely strawberries (the best of the season), we ate a lot of them right then. I had a little less than half left when I had my craving for a sweet something. After a light dinner of pasta and baked vegetables, I decided to make this dessert quickly. It isn’t much of a recipe, but I have to admit, it was very tasty. S and I literally scraped off every bit of the jam like strawberry mixture from our ramekins.



1/2 cup Strawberries, sliced
1/4 cup Brown sugar
1 tbsp Butter
1/4 cup Maida
Butter for greasing



Preheat the oven to 400F. Grease 2 ramekin cups.



Arrange the strawberry slices in a single layer in each of the 2 ramekin cups and sprinkle some sugar on top. Build 2-3 layers alternating the strawberries and the sugar. Leave about a spoonful of the sugar aside. Cook for 4-5 minutes.

In a separate bowl, mix the maida and the butter along with the remaining sugar mixture until it resembles bread crumbs or small peas.

Press this mixture over the strawberry mixture and bake for another 10 minutes.


I'm certain this would taste divine with some vanilla ice cream. It was great on its own too.

12 comments:

Finla said...

Wish i was like you, only crave sweets once in a bloom moon.
I crave them eery day that is seen on my waist line too :-(
I would love to have this delicous crumble.

Parita said...

Wow this looks soo gooey and tasty..fab dish

Gita Jaishankar said...

Wow a bar of chocolate last for months for you, sadly I can finish off a whole block in just days. The crmuble is soo delicious Raaga, looks gooey and yummy :)

sra said...

looks great, love that strawberry jam on top

chef and her kitchen said...

Looks yummy...Anything with strawberries...i m in!!

Deepthi Shankar said...

i've been craving for some sweets lately .. loved the crumble

Priya Suresh said...

Wowww so delicious!

Lisa Turner said...

This is a wonderful recipe and I thank you for submitting it to No Croutons, but we were asking for soups and salads featuring berries. As much as I want to include this, I'm not sure it really qualifies. It's certainly not a soup, and not really a salad either. Do you think maybe you could come up with something else for the event? The deadline is the 20th, so there is still time. Do let me know. I love your recipes and would be very happy to include something by you in the roundup.

Renus Kitchen said...

its mouthwatering...

Unknown said...

I wish I were like you - I crave sweets after every meal, if the meal itself isn't sweet that is.

Sowmya said...

Raaga, I wonder how u manage to work and still cook this much elaborately..While I use to work, most of the times I end up having rice with pickles/podis..

Btw, have got lots of strawberries, going to try this one..but no brwn sugar..Will have to go ahead with using normal one..

TBC said...

Isn't this absolutley divine?! and it's so easy to make too.:)