Google
 

May 9, 2009

Instant Pasta




I can have pasta for lunch or dinner. I can have it as an in between snack as well. I love pasta in any form and in any kind of sauce, stir-fry, sauté or salad. That pasta is an extremely popular breakfast dish is something I learnt only after I moved to Gurgaon this time around. The only pasta I’d eaten for breakfast had to be vermicelli.


I still don’t quite relish pasta for breakfast. But my colleague, D, brought this one morning and I loved it. I made it a few days later as a pre dinner snack (as dinner is mostly soup these days). It came out exactly like her dish.


I may not make this very often, but it is a keeper recipe that I had to save on my blog for posterity. Make it again, I certainly will.


1 cup Pasta of your choice, prepared according to instructions
1 Onion, finely chopped
1 tbsp Olive Oil
½ tsp Garlic Paste
2 tbsp Mayonnaise
1-2 tbsp Tomato Ketchup
¼ tsp Oregano
Salt and Pepper to taste


Heat the oil in a pan. Add the onion and garlic paste and fry for 3-4 minutes. Add the mayonnaise and tomato ketchup along with the oregano, salt and pepper. Add the cooked pasta and toss well.

(Remember to go easy on the salt as the mayonnaise and ketchup have enough already.)

Enjoy this with a bowl of soup or some toast or just as it is. It is lip-smacking delicious.

13 comments:

Finla said...

I love pasta too, and this looks really yumm, but must say i woudn't want it for breakfast :-)

chef and her kitchen said...

Ha ha raaga.I just had pasta for my dinner and now seeing your recipe...
simple n easy...good one..

Gita Jaishankar said...

Delicious pasta Raaga, simple and easy to make, I like the different ingredients you have used to like mayonnaise and garlic paste.

Nupur said...

That looks creamy and yummy :)

Thanks for stopping by my blog, Raaga! Delhi is not in my itinerary as of now, but tell me, is there anything you would like from here? I can send you a li'l package from Bombay.

Unknown said...

Hi Raaga...same pinch...I can have pasta at anytimes...thanks for sharing this one..

Arundathi said...

I can have pasta any time too! But sauce-free, thanks! :)

Parita said...

I too can have past anytime :) interesting use of mayonnaise..

Rachel said...

I love pasta and the more the quantity of creamy sauce, the better.

luckysanjana said...

mmm mayo with pasta that sounds yum.........

Priya Suresh said...

Wow wat a simple pasta dish, looks delicious!

Aarti said...

i so totally wowweeee Pasta.. anyday any form!!! :D

ekta sapra said...

hi from another Pasta lover..i find veg pasta to be one of the few dishes which go well with the non-vegetarians too...i usually like to add lots of veggies and olives....it's so easy and tempting to experiment while making pasta...and it always turns out nice..

bee said...

i'll try this with veganaise. sounds delish.