Google
 

November 28, 2009

Tried & Tasted: Chickpea Salad


I have been having so many problems with blogger of late that I don't even know where to start. This seems to be the cooking season and I see new recipes, new resolutions and absolutely finger licking yummy food everywhere I look. I had lost my inspiration to cook in between and found comfort in the dal-roti-rice-sabzi routine. My new cab route leaves me with 3-4 hours of time to spare, depending on how much I sleep. In these 3 hours, I have to get ready for work, cook, eat, catch up with S, etc. So, even on those days that I do manage to cook something different, I almost never get around to taking a picture of it, let alone blog about it.

In the midst of this all, I volunteered to host an event. When I agreed to, I had expected November to be a "light" month. It has turned out to be my busiest yet. And it doesn't help that much that winter is here early. It only means that I need to spend extra time applying moisturizer (or end up scratching myself all the time).


Plus, blogger doesn't allow me to leave a comment. That means I am unable to thank someone for inspiration to cook or even tell them how much I liked a certain recipe or even say hello. All in all, nothing seems to be going my way.


And amidst all this, I am still my lazy self. So when I find myself hosting an event which celebrates another blogger and her blog, I spend hours going through her entire blog, for the entire month, only to settle on the simplest recipe I can find because:
  • I'm making lunch for just myself
  • I have everything on hand
  • I like what I see
  • I am running out of time for my own event


So, this afternoon I chose to make Sunshine Mom's Tongue Tickling Chickpea Salad with Italian Dressing. The only changes I made to the recipe was to omit the almonds and replace dried fenugreek with paprika. I'm typing this post with a bowl of this salad by my side. Try it and I'm sure you'll find yourself serving this salad quite often. This is my entry to the Tried and Tasted event that I am hosting at The Singing Chef. What are you cooking?


P.S: There seems to be yet another problem here. My pictures don't seem to be displaying here.

5 comments:

Priya Suresh said...

I can see ur pictures without any problem yaar..Delicious salad!

Deepthi Shankar said...

I know how difficult it can get to blog at times .. Hope to see more of your posts soon .. Nice salad

Swapna Raghu Sanand said...

Take it easy. We all face such difficulties but the good thing is that we all want to support each other in these stages. Take care and hope to read your blog posts soon.

Divya Kudua said...

Light and refreshing salad.Perfect for that pre-dinner craving!!

So good to see you back:)

Sunshinemom said...

I am glad you enjoyed that salad:).

I have some of my own blogger problems too that I don't seem to be able to resolve. I am not able to leave comments on some blogs anyday. I can't get flickr out of my reader because of some configuration thing too. Don't know why! Better luck with yours:)