December 15, 2008

Cream of Beetroot Soup

Pretty Pink! Those were my first thoughts when I poured this soup into our cups. The lighting at home is not the best suited to take pictures. As a result, any pictures I take at night are just about average. This is one of the simplest soups I've made, but it had such a lovely hue that I almost felt a little bad drinking it up.

3 medium Beetroots, peeled and diced

2 medium Carrots, peeled and diced

1 Onion, diced

1/2 cup Milk

Salt and Pepper to taste

Pressure cook the beetroots, carrots and the onion together with about 2 cups of water. Liquidize when cool. A
dd the milk and bring to a boil. Season with salt and pepper.

We enjoyed this soup with some toast. I am certain this would taste great with crackers or even just by itself. I must admit that I was rather happy just looking at it.


Divya Kudua said...

Pinky pinky soup..I love the looks of it!!I regularly make your version of Carrot soup..Beet soup is next on my list!!

Deepa said...

You know what? I remembered something when I saw this recipe. Gujratis have a beetroot soup they make farly often, sort of regular fare, it seemed to me. They opressure cook beetroot with tomato, and add cloves to it. Tht's all I can remember. --Deepa

Kalai said...

Certainly is pretty in pink! Lovely soup, girl! :)

Curry Leaf said...

Lovely and healthy soup.I will not be able to drink it.would like to frame it and keep -pretty in pink.

Kitchen Flavours said...

Healthy and yummy soup.

Anita said...

Look at you churn out beet recipes! Now tell me - you know how to make beet rasam? :-)