Google
 

December 9, 2008

Beet Treat




One of the first things we bought as a couple was this Kenstar Food Processor. One of the (my) main reasons was that it came with a juicer. I remember making juices out of everything I could find in the fridge in the first 2 or 3 days. One day S came to me and said, "Just because we bought a juicer, you don't HAVE to juice everything." I think I was attemtping to make carrot juice that morning. I didn't make juice for a long time after that.


But recently, I picked up this Tarla Dalal book and (much to S' disgust) I make different juices every once in a while. I had all the ingredients on hand for this drink called "Beet Treat". I just had them in different proportions. Forget the flavours, the taste and the consistency (and there was nothing wrong with any of those), the colour of this drink was to die for. I thought about why I should put this recipe on my blog, but I had to get that picture in.



3 Beetroots, peeled and diced


1 Carrot, peeled and diced


2 Apples, peeled and diced



Blend all the ingredients in the juicer (or in a liquidizer and strain). Pour over ice and enjoy a glass of this first thing in the morning. This recipe makes 2 glasses and if your partner doesn't want his/her share, it could just be your lucky day!



12 comments:

CurryLeaf said...

Looks lovely.If I make this,I am sure I will end up with whole qnty.Well,as u said,it could be lucky day.the juice is defly healthy and looks very very attractive

Vaidehi Bhave said...

Lovely color..I used to blend beet, carrot and tomato and little cumin which i drink for good health.. but Apples would make this juice perfect and delicious ..worth to try :).. thanks for sharing.

chakali

Swapna said...

Hi, nice juice :)... check my blog for some cuddles..

Anonymous said...

So very true...i didnt pondered over the taste or texture or consistency...the royal colour of juice itself is so very tempting to grab this healthy wonder !

Pb said...

Every once in a week or so I check your blog... And nearly go crazy because i have no kitchen... I stay in a hostel now... but the day i get hands on my own kitchen... Thanks Raaga... I tell all my foodie friends about this blog - you've got quite a fan base, believe me!

Pb said...

I can't vouch for numbers, but if fervent-ness (is that a word?) is anything... Count me in! :)

Kalai said...

Sounds lovely! Looks even more lovely. Nice one, Raaga! :)

Srikitchen said...

delicious and healthy!

Deepa said...

Hey, A bit of fresh ginger (juiced) could also be added to this juice. Goes well with these things. --Deepa

Raaga said...

@CL: Thanks... it is a lovely colour.

@Vaidehi & Deepa: I haven't developed much of a flavour for spices mixed in drinks. I do add a dash of ginger ale syrup to my juices, but like the plain flavour as it is. But I will try! Thanks :-)

@Swapna: Thank you :-)

Raaga said...

@Alka: Absolutely :-)


@Pb: I am honoured. I must let you know :-)

@Kalai: Thanks

Raaga said...

@SriLekha: Do try it and let me know.