Google
 

May 16, 2007

Egg Curry



Eggs, Soya, Paneer… these are things I love to serve when I have guests. It cuts down on the cleaning, peeling, chopping time and effort. And the dishes aren’t bad tasting, they're in fact great.

One evening, when S decided to invite a few people from his office for dinner, I was thinking of what to cook. I made up this dish. I didn’t want to make a tomato based gravy as I was serving a tomato based Soya dish. I didn’t want to make it green as my pulao was green. I didn’t want to use coconut as my Biscuit Roti and Pulao had coconut. Too many considerations! I decided my curry was going to be yellow. So this is what I made.

Ingredients:

8 eggs
Salt to Taste
2 tbsp Oil
1 tsp Cumin Seeds
¼ tsp Asafoetida
½ cup water

Masala (Grind to a Paste):

¼ cup Cashews
¼ cup Coriander Leaves
2 Red chillies
1 tsp Ginger Paste
1 tsp Garlic Paste
1 medium Onion
1 tsp Cumin Seeds
1 tsp Coriander Seeds
¼ tsp Khus Khus
½ tsp Turmeric powder

Boil the eggs and peel them. Cut each egg lengthwise into 2 pieces.

Grind the ingredients for the masala in a mixer using a little water if necessary.

Heat the oil in a kadhai and add the cumin and asafoetida. When the cumin splutters, add the masala and fry it until the oil leaves the paste. Add the salt and water and bring the mixture to a boil. Add the eggs and cook this for 5-7 minutes.

This egg curry goes well with rotis and rice.

8 comments:

Pretty Woman said...

this is interesting...will try sometime :)

Raaga said...

Quite easy too... and very very tasty :)

Sia said...

hey raaga,
thanks for dropping a comment in my blog n leading me to urs. sorry, was bit busy with office work and couldn't come early n cehck ur blog. went through some of ur recipes quickly and found them reallyreally good. i felt u have got mangalorean/konkani stlye of cooking in ur blog. will come back gain and go through ur blog at leisure:)

Raaga said...

Hi Sia,

Thanks for dropping by. I am half konkani and Amma has been a big influence on my cooking. :)

Do come back at leisure. I'm sure you'll find loads of stuff here too. With time of course.

Chef Jeena said...

Hi lovely recipe what is khus khus? Is it the same as spelt cous cous?

Raaga said...

@Jeena: Hi. Khus Khus is poppy seeds :)

Sameer said...

Hey
Awesome blog! I made my first dish yesterday, was too spicy, but gave me some satisfaction! I don't think we get all ingredients here in Tokyo, but will try to make some of your dishes! :)
Keep on writing!

Raaga said...

@Sameer: My cooking is mostly simple... the one dish meal variety... am sure you'll find them easy. :)