Google
 

May 26, 2007

Chewy Choco-walnut Brownies



My friend, Prajakta, was visiting me on a Saturday afternoon with her 3 year old. And to get the 3 year old to my place, she told her that the two of us would make brownies. P asked me to keep all ingredients ready and told me that she would bring a bar of Hershey's chocolate and walnuts. I couldn't find a recipe that used Hershey's chocolate in a brownie, but landed up at the Hershey's site. I discovered a recipe that I modified that afternoon to make an amazing batch of brownies.



Ingredients:




1/2 cup butter, melted
3/4 cup loosely packed demerara sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla essence
2 eggs
1/2 cup flour (Maida)
1/3 cup HERSHEY'S Chocolate (Powdered in a mixie jar)
1/4 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup chopped walnuts



If you are using cocoa, add 1/3 cup of cocoa and increase the sugar by another 1/4 cup.


Grease a 9-inch square baking pan. Preheat the oven to 180C/350F. 



Place butter, sugar and vanilla in a food processor jar and blend using the dough blade. Add eggs; blend well. Add flour, cocoa, baking powder and salt; gradually add to egg mixture, running the food processor until evenly blended. Add the walnuts. Spread the batter evenly into prepared pan. Bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until brownies begin to pull away from sides of pan. Cool completely in pan on wire rack. Cut into squares and enjoy them with chocolate sauce and vanilla ice cream or just by themselves. The brownies come out crisp on top, but are gooey and truly chewy on the inside.




I baked a fresh batch just now with cocoa instead of chocolate and the picture's up for all of you to see and am sending this as my entry to Meeta's Monthly Mingle. Happy Birthday Meeta!

8 comments:

Pretty Woman said...

looks tempting...i LOVE brownies :(

Raaga said...

Try them... you don't have to hog... oru kutti piece?

Suganya said...

Hay this is looking very nice....YUM!...

Raaga said...

Thanks Sukanya. Your cakes are yummy too :)

Arundathi said...

god! that looks awesome! i just buy my brownies because (gasp!) i don't have an oven in my house! :( really miss having one though.

Raaga said...

these are much better than store bought ones... or so I have been told by everyone who ate them. So, you only baked in the US? Do buy an oven... the pleasures of baking are truly worth it.

Meeta K. Wolff said...

Looks fantastic and I thank you for sharing this!!

Raaga said...

@Meeta: Its your birthday and you wanted something special. So I had to share this with you!