Google
 

December 30, 2009

Macaroni with Tomato-Ricotta Cheese Sauce



When my parents spent a month with us, I realized that I barely cooked. I seemed to cook lunch for S and myself, but Amma took care of almost everything else. One weekend, I decided to drag my lazy self into the kitchen and cook a meal. I wasn't donning the chef's hat yet, so I wanted to be out of the kitchen as soon as possible. So, pasta it was. I got a lot of appreciation for a lunch that involved emptying different cartons/bottles from the refrigerator. Now, who can complain?

2 cups Macaroni, prepared as per the instructions on the pack.
1 cup Pizza Sauce (I used American Garden)
3/4 cup Ricotta Cheese
1 tbsp Olive Oil
1 tsp Garlic Paste
1 tsp Parsley
1 tsp Basil
1 tsp Oregano
Salt and Pepper to taste


Heat the oil. Add the garlic paste and fry for a minute. Add the pizza sauce, parsley, basil and oregao and fry for a couple of minutes. Add the salt and cook for a minute. Crumble the ricotta cheese into the sauce and cook for another 2-3 minutes. Season with pepper and pour the sauce over the macaroni.


Enjoy this with some Garlic Bread or Garlic Toast. And wait for the compliments to come pouring in.

10 comments:

WinnyNinny PooPoo said...

Bueno! Easy and quick to make, and delicious. Thanks again!

Pavani said...

That's definitely a quick & easy lunch that can bring lots of compliments..

Priya Suresh said...

Fantastic cheesy sauce, looks delectable..

Parita said...

I love the combination here..sounds fabulous!! between i am planning to make your fruit cake today..already sokaed dry fruits yesterday, will let you know once done :-)

s said...

looks good..and its easy..now thats GREAT news!

ruchikacooks said...

looks yummy..and easy..

Janice said...

an easy and simple dish to make...and it looks wonderful

Keri said...

Hi there. Things look awesomely delicious here. I think you must be a fantastic cook. Wow. Very impressive. I am now your loyal follower. If you ever have a spare minute, come visit my blog at www.samwich365.com. I would be honored to have you visit/comment or best of all follow. Happy New Year. Keri (a.k.a. Sam)

FoodLovers said...

Nice and soft muffins Raga

Kannan said...

Nice posting.