Google
 

July 23, 2008

Garlic Bread

One of the things I love about dining in at Pizza Hut is the garlic bread that they serve. I don't like it when it is delivered. It tends to get a litle soggy by the time it arrives. The only time I eat it is when we eat at the restaurant (which isn' often). Now, when I want to eat garlic bread, I make it at home.




8 slices of a Baguette, lightly toasted
3 tbsp Olive Oil

1 tsp Garlic Paste
2 tsp Red Chilli Flakes
1 tbsp Mixed Herbs
2 tbsp Cheese Powder
Salt to taste

Mix the red chilli flakes, garlic paste, salt and mixed herbs with the olive oil and keep aside for 5-10 minutes. Brush the toasted slices with the olive oil mixture and sprinkle the cheese powder over them. Bake in a hot oven (450F) for 10 minutes.




I made this garlic bread to go with the corn and vegetable chowder. It tastes great with the soup, but I also like this with pasta or on its own, as a snack.

16 comments:

Anonymous said...

wow thats a dinner i would love to sit down to.....simple and fabulous...love garlic bread....especially when it is laden with stringy mozarella

Mansi said...

who doesn't love garlic bread!! loads of olive oil, tonnes of garlic and eons of mozarella!:) hehhe, i think your version looks better than the one I just described though:D

Sangeeth said...

i too luv garlic bread....very yummy!

Lavanya Raj said...

garlic bread is tempting me a lot raaga....looks yummy!!

Anonymous said...

you forgot the garlic in the recipe...!

It would be like eating Bombay halwa in chennai! Just kidding

Vaishali said...

Garlic bread is such a treat. Looks delicious, Raaga.

Seema said...

Garlic bread home made is yum yum...Your so right when u order by the time it comes its soggy!

Raaga said...

Thanks all... my new keyboard acts very funny and it eats up letters and sometimes words. This time it ate up one line... since it gobbled up the garlic paste in the ingredient list, I forgot to mention it in the recipe too.

Sorry!!

Sanhita said...

Hi, you have a nice blog. Interesting recipes and I love garlic bread too.
I hope you don't mind, I added you to my blogroll.
Good luck with your blog...

Srivalli said...

that looks yum..raaga..

Divya Kudua said...

garlic bread looks delicious raaga..so true abt the home delivery of garlic bread,even the pizzas taste like bread when we order in,but tastes great when we dine out..strange!!

SMN said...

I agree with u Raaga i too love garlicbread wth ketchup. this looks yum

Jayashree said...

I love garlic brd but hate the stuff they serve at Pizza Hut here....

Anonymous said...

That garlic bread looks yumm .... will try this out soon ...

Hey Raaga, I have tagged you at http://foodwithapinchoflove.wordpress.com/2008/07/24/tagged/

delhibelle said...

I also used to love the buttery, cheesy, Pizza ut garlic bread, but only at the restaurant, like you!


Your version is so much more easy on the conscience, and looks perfect with that chowder:)

FoodLovers said...

Loved ur garlic bread...
nice click dear