Google
 

September 11, 2009

Mushroom Broccoli Corn Bake


One of the things I’d forgotten about thanks to my “daily cooking rut” was casseroles. They’re versatile, they’re fun, they’re fuss-free, well almost. And the nicest part is that you can even just pop some slices of bread in the toaster, serve it along with the casserole. “Voila! It becomes a meal!” I’m slowly rediscovering the joys that only casseroles can bring (especially after a back breaking 2 hour drive back home).


1 cup Mushrooms, sliced and sauteed in 1 tbsp Olive Oil
1/2 cup Broccoli florets, steamed
1/4 cup Sweet Corn, steamed
1 tbsp Butter/Olive Oil

1 tbsp Flour

1 cup Milk

1/2 tsp Parsley

1/2 tsp Basil

1 tsp Chilli flakes

1/2 tsp Garlic Paste

Salt and Pepper to Taste

1 slice Low Fat Cheese (optional)
1 tsp Butter to grease the baking dish
3 tbsp Bread Crumbs



Heat the butter in a saucepan. Add the garlic paste, parsley, basil and chilli flakes and fry for another minute. Add the flour and fry without browning the flour. Add the milk and bring the mixture to a boil while stirring continuously. If adding cheese, add it at this point and stir the sauce well. As the sauce thickens, add the salt and pepper. Stir in the sauteed mushrooms, broccoli, and corn.


Grease a baking dish with the teaspoon of butter. Pour in the white sauce - vegetable mixture. Sprinkle the breadcrumbs over the mixture and bake in a hot oven (400F) for 10 minutes. Serve hot with some Garlic Bread or Garlic Toast.

13 comments:

Finla said...

I love the idea of you adding corn into them. MIne mostlyis mushroo and brocolii.
This look creamy,cheesey delcious.

Divya Kudua said...

Yum yum yum,reminds me of the super-yum Garden style Vegetable Bake in Eden,Besant Nagar.Almost the same ingredients.Have you been there??

priya said...

Delicious n tempting!!!...great presentation too!!

Mythreyi Dilip said...

Looks awesome and delicious!

Nithya said...

This is absolutely interesting. :) Yummmm

WinnyNinny PooPoo said...

I believe I am making this tonight!!!

Gita Jaishankar said...

The casserole looks absolutely delicious and creamy :)

Bombay Foodie said...

I am not a white sauce fan, but I so love casseroles. Lovely flavor combination.

Unknown said...

what a great combo of flavors!

sra said...

Now I know why I've been thinking of a cheesy dinner - saw this last night and it must have been acting on my mind!
I know you used only a slice of cheese, but it looks cheesy anyway!

Priya Suresh said...

Wat a delicious combo, broccoli+mushroom and corn just love this bake..

Cham said...

It has a great cheesy look ur casserole!

Ashwini said...

Wow! This bake takes me to sweet memories of Veg Au Gratin recipe I saw on Hawkins book. Looks delicious!

Cheerz
Ash.