Google
 

November 1, 2007

Palak Paneer



It has been ages since I posted anything here. I made my last post a week ago and didn't even upload the picture on to it yet. I haven't had a chance to transfer photos from my camera to the laptop. I haven't even had a chance to take pictures of stuff I'm making these days. While I am admitting so many things, I must also admit that I haven't been visiting too many blogs. So, please don't take offense if I have not visited any of you recently or if I haven't left any comments.




And thanks to all of you who've dropped by asking if I'm fine because this blog has never witnessed such low posting levels. I have been known to make 17 posts in one day, so to have an entire month go by with just 13 posts would classify as an all time low. I am fine. I am just terribly busy with work and reach home just in time to make dinner at the earliest. There have been days when a glass of milk and a cracker have been my dinner. I think all will be well very soon and that I'll be back to posting on a regular basis in about 2 weeks' time.


I have a simple recipe to share with all of you. Palak paneer is a dish I love (with or without the paneer really). It's one of those fun ways of eating spinach.


1 bunch Spinach, cooked and pureed

1 Onion, ground to a fine paste

1 tsp Green Chilli Paste

1 tsp Ginger Paste

1 tsp Garlic Paste

1/4 tsp Turmeric Powder

1/4 tsp Chilli Powder

2 tbsp Curds

1 tsp Oil

Salt to taste

1/2 cup Paneer, cubed


Heat the oil and fry the onion paste for a few minutes. Add the ginger, chilli and garlic pastes and fry for a minute. Add the salt, chilli and turmeric powder and fry for a couple of minutes before adding the spinach puree. Bring the mixture to a boil. Add the paneer cubes and simmer for 4-5 minutes. Add the curd and mix well.


Serve hot with phulkas.


I'll be back as soon as I can with recipes that are lying in my drafts folder.

19 comments:

Bong Mom said...

Yes life does get hectic doesn't it ? good to see you back with such a nice recipe

Swaroopa said...

hey ragaa gud to c u back. nice post. ....lookin for more recipes

FH said...

Take it easy A! With Diwali and Thanksgiving for us here, I am thinking I shouldn't participate in any events this month! Hopefully, I will get some time but it is hectic!
Trisha loves Palak Paneer, I made it last month just for her!:))
Looks delicious, easy to make too. Eat well girl, got to have strength to work outside and at home too! Hugs.

Sia said...

take it easy raaga. i too used to post quite many posts in a week but its becoming difficult to post even 1 in a week thesedays:) hugs to u:)

Sig said...

Life happens Raaga darling... take it easy, and blog and visit only when you have time... Hugs!

Manasi said...

GOOD to see u back sweety!! Isn't it sad when blogging suffers becoz of work.. !! Not fair!

Love palak paneer.. umm, hot butter paratha/ naan and pp!!

arundati said...

hey dear namesake.... didnt realise you were buried under work....to tell the truth, i havent been able to indulge in my fave blogs because of several things on the home front that have made me crave for the end of day!! glad that you're doing good....cheers buddy!!

musical said...

Hey Raaga, good to see you back! And take it easy, dear! 13 posts a month a LOT dear! Just take your time and relax. Busy days happen, so take a deep breath and get to blogging only when you have enough time and energy for it!

Hugs,
musical.

Anonymous said...

If only you could blog during your commute!
Take it easy girl - I made all of three posts last month - wonder what that is in your book!
There are busy months and less busy days...

Padmaja said...

I was wondering where you were?? good to see you back with my favourite!! nice recipe Raaga!!

Rina said...

I've never tried this famous dish. Thx for the recipe.

Rajitha said...

milk and crackers..kya re raaga..gotta eat atleast a sandwich yaar ..( i know..i sound like a mom fig. ;)....i know life gets hectic..but take care of ur health too...and hope you get free soon...

sunita said...

Life does become hectic at times..so relax and take it easy...and visit us at your leisure...and that's my hubby's favourite recipe...well, mine too...and the kids as well :)

TBC said...

13 posts in one month is a lot, Raaga! I understand what you mean though. I am going through a similar phase myself, coupled with the fact that blogging inertia too has set in:-)
Come back when you are ready:-)

Cynthia said...

I love how the spinach absorbs the garlic and ginger in this dish. You were indeed missed.

Finla said...

Love the palak paneer.
You seems really busy.
Glass of milk and a cracker.

Raks said...

17 post per day...!!its great...:)
Thanx for this palak paneer dish...!

Kribha said...

I too made this 2 days back. Got to post it soon. Your looks so yummy. My recipe is a little different from yours. Will try it your way next time.

Divya and Chaya said...

palak Paneer is out quintessential paneer recipe- yours llooks appetising