Google
 

June 2, 2012

Banana Ricotta Cake (Eggless)


A few years ago I hadn't even tasted a banana cake. Now I have lost count of the number of times I have baked it. I have taken orders for it and have also tried out multiple versions of it. And I am now back with one more. These days, we consume our bananas in a smoothie every morning. Plus baby A loves eating bananas. So, I am very rarely left with bananas that are over ripe, let alone blackened. I deliberately kept a few bananas aside to make this loaf. (There is no limit to one's craziness, I suppose!)
 
 
1 cup Flour
¾ cup Wheat Flour
2 tsp Baking Powder
¼ tsp Baking Soda
1 tsp Salt
¾ cup Jaggery, grated
3-4 Bananas (overripe), peeled
1/3 cup Oil
1/2 cup Ricotta Cheese
Oil and flour for lining and dusting


Heat the oven to 350F. Grease and dust a loaf tin.

Sift the dry ingredients together.

Combine the bananas, ricotta cheese, oil and jaggery in a bowl. Using an electric mixer, blend all these to a rough paste. Pour this mixture into the dry ingredients and add the toasted walnuts. Mix well and pour into the prepared cake tin. Bake for 35-40 minutes (or until a skewer inserted into the cake comes out clean). Cool on a rack for a few minutes.



Cut into slices and serve. This cake doesn't keep very well beyond the second day. I hope you won't need to keep it for two days!

3 comments:

krishna said...

wow another one? today i baked orange cake.. it was awesome.. within 2 hours more half of the cake is already finished.. :)

FewMinute Wonders said...

I love that you baked with jaggery. Its so much better than sugar. will try it soon.

Unknown said...

Just like Srimathi said - love the idea of baking the cake with jaggery - it's one of my favourite ingredients! Cake looks delicious :)