Google
 

January 9, 2009

Beetroot-Carrot Soup


Cooking for one person isn’t always fun! But there are times when it can be interesting. I make stuff that I want to try out. It is nice to make something without thinking about whether the other person will like it or not. Less pressure!


I made this soup one night when I wasn’t expecting S home for dinner. My carpool mate suggested adding bottle gourd to the vegetable mixture. I was a little skeptical, but as it turned out, it was a very good suggestion. This recipe makes enough soup for one person.


1 Beetroot, peeled and diced
1 Carrot, peeled and diced
½ cup Bottle Gourd, peeled and diced
1 Onion, diced
Salt and Pepper to taste


Pressure cook the vegetables with a cup of water. Blend this mixture in a liquidizer and bring it to boil. Season with salt and pepper. Serve hot.

11 comments:

FH said...

That is one healthy and beautiful looking soup Miss.Raaga, so good for our eyes too! :))

Enjoy the weekend.

Finla said...

When i saw the title i was thinking that soup will be having a wonderful colour.
Looks so yumm

CurryLeaf said...

Wow,a must try soup for winter.Easy to amke as well.

anudivya said...

It sounds warm and comforting... I know when you say it is boring to cook for one. I don't even bother most of the time.

Anita said...

I thought it was going to be beetroot rasam! ;-)

Sunshinemom said...

It is healthy too! I too hate cooking for only myself - becomes a bitof a bore. Soups or porridge is what I make!

suvi said...

The one thing I really like about your recipes is that they are so easy to put together!

pink dogwood said...

wow soup with no oil and cream - I must try this one :)

I love the picture of the soup, but I love your dupatta even more :)

pink dogwood said...

wow soup with no oil and cream - I must try this one :)

I love the picture of the soup, but I love your dupatta even more :)

Sona - quick picks/pick quicks said...

the soup luks yummmm

Miri said...

I often add pumpkin or bottle gourd to soups - they add colour or texture to the soup. This one looks really nourishing!