Google
 

July 3, 2008

Methi Pulao


Rice has come to be my comfort food. When I have to cook for myself, that is. Maggi still wins, but there could be times when it does not fit nicely into my scheme of things. When I crave something that is not everything that Maggi is. Maybe that’s a sign of growing up. Or maybe it is a sign that I’m out of Maggi. I don’t know.



This pulao never fails to impress. Thanks to its wonderful aroma, it is, no doubt, a hit at dinner parties. But I like it more because it is as comforting as it is smashing. Perfect for that simple weekend lunch, with some raita on the side. I made some plain cauliflower stir fry as a side.



1 cup Basmati Rice, washed and drained
1 cup Fenugreek Leaves, chopped
2 Onions, sliced finely
1 tsp Oil
½ tsp Cumin Seeds
¼ tsp Asafoetida
1 tsp Chilli Paste
1 tsp Ginger-Garlic Paste
Salt to taste


Heat the oil in a pressure pan. Add the cumin seeds. When they crackle, add the asafoetida and the onions. Fry for a few minutes. Add the chopped fenugreek along with the chilli and ginger-garlic pastes and fry for 2-3 minutes. Add salt and 2 cups of boiling hot water. Pressure cook on a low flame for 1 whistle.

Fluff with a fork when done and serve.

6 comments:

FH said...

Man! I have been bookmarking so may and you keep on posting more yummy things!Gave me work for whole Summer while I am away!:D

Looks delicious, my methis are coming up slowly!:)

Divya Kudua said...

hmm..yummy methi pulao!!!i make a similar one using kasuri methi..got to try this one too.
btw i have one doubt-in many of your recipes,you have mentioned green chilly paste and in this one chilli paste-do u make that in bulk and store in fridge or make it then and there?please enlighten;-)

Rachel said...

That is a pulao that I must try,..there's something for you on my blog...

bha said...

Rice wins hands down when it comes to a quick fix.....maggi is still there, but its unavailability at times gives it a second place....:)

Methi pulav looks nice.

Sum Raj said...

its very healthy rice...my mom used to prepare this in microwave...it taste deliicious...

Anonymous said...

How come you can still get methi and i can't?! :-(